No regeneration?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by martinf55, Jul 23, 2012.

1. martinf55

martinf55 New Member

Ive had my Fleck 3600sxt for a month now and it hasn't regenerated yet. I have it set to regenerate every 14 days or earlier if needed. Can't figure it out?????

2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Is it drawing brine ? Have you cycled the valve and checked that you have suction at the brine line?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    3600SXT? Well, I assume you mean the 5600SXT since the 3600 was never available in electronic form, and it was discontinued about a decade ago...

A common problem with newly installed systems is the turbine in the meter can get a piece of teflon tape, debris, etc inside of it. Do you see the meter indicator flashing when water is flowing?

5. martinf55

martinf55 New Member

Did a manual regeneration and BW flashing then stopped when time countdown started.

6. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    On the SXT screen, right hand side, you should see a water drip (not the faucet) and it should blink when you turn on water inside the house. The system must be in service (not regeneration). I assume your system is a metered 5600SXT. Check that first and let us know what you find.

7. martinf55

martinf55 New Member

Have to wait for initiated regeneration to stop. Want to see it go through stages. I'm pretty sure that water drip flashes.