No pressure, pump runs constantly

Users who are viewing this thread

vic214

Reaction score
Hi all. The other day, I went to make a pot of coffee and I didn't have hardly any pressure. I went down to my outbuilding and the pump was running constantly and the motor was hot. I checked my well (hand dug 22 ft. deep) and seen that it was low. The water level was right at a joint so I thought maybe I had a leak there so I shut off the pump and waited a few days for it to rain. The well is now up to normal but I can't get more than 20 lbs. of pressure. It's set at 30/50 so of course it won't shut off. I had a leak but I fixed that. It just runs and runs with no more than 20 lbs of pressure. Any ideas? Thanks!

Jim

vic214

Reaction score
Yes, it pumps water but not more than 20 lbs. I've got water in the house but the pump won't shut off.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It sounds like crud in the impeller or a slightly nuked impeller. If the jet were plugged, you would usually get more than 20 lbs. More like 28/29 lbs.

Are you sure the gauge is reading right? If it is more than 6 months old and you paid less than 10 bucks for it. It's probably bad.

bob...

vic214

Reaction score
Well, actually the gauge froze up last winter so it did say 100 but I fixed it. I zeroed it out so it should be pretty accurate now. I would hate to spend any money on this thing. I won't be living here much longer. I already sold the house but I'm staying for maybe another month or two so I don't really want to have to call anyone. Well, I guess I'll try and take the pump apart first thing and go from there. Thanks for the help.

Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks