No Hub Couplings really work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo

Reaction score
I have read here that I can insert a wye in a current 3 inch ABS drain pipe under by basement floor by using two no hub couplings. (one on each side of the WYE with stub pieces) I guess the banded ones are better but I cannot find any banded ones locally, only the fernco ones. Where online can I get a banded one?

Also, after I slip the coupling over the pipe and put my other pipe in place how much of a gap is OK between the pipes before sliding over the no hub? It seems if there was an inch gap then toilet paper and stuff would get hung up in this gap and catch on the gap. Or am I worried too much about a small gap?

Thanks guys!!!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Try a plumbing supply house for the banded couplings.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Many folks use the derisive term "Fernco" for a rubber coupling with just a small worm clamp on each end. However, Fernco manufactures a wide range of products, including banded no-hub couplings. They are available at plumbing suppliers and box stores.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
coupling

No-Hub® couplings are available at Home Depot and even hardware stores. You only want about 1/4" clearance when the pipe is test fit into the space. That gives the clearance needed for the ridge in the center of the coupling to drop into.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
hj said:
No-Hub® couplings are available at Home Depot and even hardware stores. You only want about 1/4" clearance when the pipe is test fit into the space. That gives the clearance needed for the ridge in the center of the coupling to drop into.

hj, for what ever reason HD out here does not cary them, only Low*s does.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks