No-hub Coupler Question/Advice for Sanitary Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

autostadt

Reaction score
I need to splice a 3" sanitary tee off of a 3" vertical DWV in my basement. My question is do I glue stubs to the ends of the tee first since they flange out and then use the coupler to attach? I have no room to push the pipe out or up and this is why I have to use couplers. Or, is there another tee that would be more appropriate in this application? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you use a plastic santee, normally you would glue pipe on the ends so that you have something to couple to.

You could also use a cast iron no-hub santee and couple right to the fitting.

autostadt

Reaction score
Thanks Terry for the quick feedback! I think I'll go the PVC route. I assume "santee" is the lingo for sanitary tee?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes sani tee is the lingo.
Many times even with no room to move you can cement one side and use a shielded coupling on the other.

autostadt

Reaction score
THanks for the additional suggestions. I had thought about glueing one end and coupling the other - I will try if there is room. This is for a water softener drain and while I have seen the saddle tee's I assumed it would be best to avoid that method.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
THanks for the additional suggestions. I had thought about glueing one end and coupling the other - I will try if there is room. This is for a water softener drain and while I have seen the saddle tee's I assumed it would be best to avoid that method.

I hope you don't plan to hook this up solid without a trap?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks