No Hub Cast Iron

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Tucker7100, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Tucker7100

Tucker7100 New Member

Is it legal to use 3" and 4" no hub cast iron piping in underground parking garage that is above ground of course for storm water applications in Chicago? Current piping is SV bell and spigot lead joint piping but all rotted out. I want to use no hub because of very tight areas where pouring a lead joint is impossible due to carbon steel boiler piping.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

No-hub would be legal in Seattle. Maybe a Chicago plumber here will know.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I haven't been is Chicago for over 40 years, but I am sure by now that No-Hub would be approved.
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Ah, Illinois has some pretty stricken plumbing laws. They have their own code. If ou don't have an Illinois plumbing license I strongly advise you to find a plumber that does. Especially commercial work.
  5. Tucker7100

Tucker7100 New Member

Ill have to look in code book. Its kinda unclear because its a parking garage and also not sanitary sewer.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The last parking garage I did for the Boeing Credit Union was all no-hub, above and below ground. But that was near Boeing Field in Seattle.
  7. dj2

dj2 Member

2 sources to ask:
    Your local building department OR an experienced plumber.
  8. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades