No hot on Pegasus shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I hope this email finds you well....and even more, I hope you can help me with my issue :) ........and I apologize in advance for not using the correct "terminology", but I will try to explain it the best way I can. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I recently bought the house i grew up in, and I am gutting the whole place and pretty much starting from scratch. Well, I have been working on the master shower, and am almost done. I moved the shower head to the ceiling, bought a new valve/diverter (Pegasus from HD ), and finally got everything hooked up. The only problem.....the hot water isn't working! I noticed part of the old copper pipe was bent/pinched, so I took a hammer to the concrete, cut it off, and replaced it with some new piping. But it still does not work! I know there is water pressure coming from the hot water side, but the dang thing just wont get hot. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Do you think it is a faulty shower unit (Pegasus)? Is there anyway I can take it out and see what is wrong with it? I would hate to take it ALL back to Home Depot, because they make you take everything back (shower head, valve, etc). [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Anyways, I hope this is clear enough for you, and thank you so much in advance![/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Hunter[/FONT]

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it's a pressure balanced valve, you need to make sure both the hot side and the cold side are open.

It may have a temperature limiter on the valve that needs adjustment. It sometimes prevents the handle from swinging all the way over to the hot side.

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Could you explain to me what these look like? I have a hot water pipe and a cold water pipe both going to the pegasus valve. Near each connection the valve, there is a flat head screw that i can screw left to right. I think this is the limiter you are talking about. However, it does not seem that it is letting any water out of the hot water side no matter what. And trust me, I KNOW water is coming out (forgot to turn the water off once) :)

NEVERMIND! I found what you were talking about....wow that was easy! Thanks so much
Hunter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks