No floor drain for softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Tyler Padgitt, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Tyler Padgitt

Tyler Padgitt New Member

Hey guys I just got a Marlo water softener. I have no floor drain for it and send the discharge overhead. What should I do for the brine tank overflow line? Stick it in a 5 gallon bucket?
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Most people don't do anything with it. Wise people check the salt (and water) level like weekly to catch a problem before they have salt water on the floor.

A 5 gallon bucket may over flow also. It depends on how long water flows into it.
  3. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Most systems use a timed refill and include a safety float in the brine tank for proper redundancy to prevent water from overfilling the brine tank due to a power failure during refill, or a leaking and worn brine valve.

The gravity overflow is rarely connected unless the system is installed in a highly water sensitive area.

Softeners should not typically be installed in highly water sensitive areas without proper floor drainage in case of a leak.
  4. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  5. Tyler Padgitt

Tyler Padgitt New Member

Can anyone confirm that a Marlo Water Softener has a Fleck head? I was told it does.. Or at least that Fleck makes the heads they use?
  6. Tyler Padgitt

Tyler Padgitt New Member

Bumping this to find out if Marlo heads are made by fleck...
  7. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

You can go to www.fleckcontrols.com and look at some pictures and see if yours matches any of their valves.

But if you find one, it may look like as if you have a Fleck whatever but... yours may have a part or two that is proprietary to only Marlo.