No flex to wall mount heater...

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by thinkly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. thinkly

thinkly New Member

I just had a wall mount ventless heater installed in my garage. The instructions said to use a flex line to the appliance. The installer did not do this. Should I be concerned?

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bad pic.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

was this inspected and permitted? A permit, in addition to local and national rules, almost always says 'installed per the manufacturer's instructions', so it would not pass inspection. If they say it must be a flexible connection, then I'd worry. Now, in reality, don't know. Guess it would depend on how much torque the fans generate and how much it vibrates, whether there might be any risks. Generally, the manufacturer knows their device.
  3. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

It would be delightful to see a shut-off valve on that gas line also.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A local gas valve IS a requirement. A solid connection is just more time consuming than a flexible connection, but the flex is NOT a requirement.