No fill tube to overflow on Toto Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY Duder

Reaction score
Hey plumers. I just now put in my Dalton and turned on the water. There is no water coming off of the fill valve to the rinse tube. It has the floating ball style and there looks to be a little outlet tube where water would come off and go down the fill/rinse tube but nothing is coming out. It should be coming out right? Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I assume the tank is filling.

What you have is a water coservation ballcock. The attachement where the tube is, is not drilled. It is designed that way to save water.

DIY Duder

Reaction score
So are you saying I have to drill a hole in that little tube? And yes the tank and bowl is filling.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm saying that the ballcock is designed that way (probably fluidmaster). Drilling a hole may not be so easy and you could be opening up a can of worms.. It would have to be a very small hole.. If you have to remove it to drill it, you may want to replace it with a ballcock that is factory drilled.

DIY Duder

Reaction score
That's kina lame. So Daltons have no fill tube to the oveflow tube to refill the tank whatsoever...

The bowl fills without the tube.
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Dalton does wash the bowl. Reports indicate it has a satisfactory wash, not as good as a Drake, but acceptable.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
st733_inside_tank.jpg

Looking inside the Dalton tank.

The rinse on the Dalton bowl is done by holes under the rim of the bowl.

The fill tube is meant to refill the bowl after a flush.
The Dalton does that without needing the refill tube.

cst733f-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks