No fill tube to overflow on Toto Dalton

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by DIY Duder, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DIY Duder

DIY Duder New Member

Hey plumers. I just now put in my Dalton and turned on the water. There is no water coming off of the fill valve to the rinse tube. It has the floating ball style and there looks to be a little outlet tube where water would come off and go down the fill/rinse tube but nothing is coming out. It should be coming out right? Any ideas?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  2. krow

krow Plumber

I assume the tank is filling.

What you have is a water coservation ballcock. The attachement where the tube is, is not drilled. It is designed that way to save water.
  3. DIY Duder

DIY Duder New Member

So are you saying I have to drill a hole in that little tube? And yes the tank and bowl is filling.
  4. krow

krow Plumber

I'm saying that the ballcock is designed that way (probably fluidmaster). Drilling a hole may not be so easy and you could be opening up a can of worms.. It would have to be a very small hole.. If you have to remove it to drill it, you may want to replace it with a ballcock that is factory drilled.
  5. DIY Duder

DIY Duder New Member

That's kina lame. So Daltons have no fill tube to the oveflow tube to refill the tank whatsoever...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The Dalton does wash the bowl. Reports indicate it has a satisfactory wash, not as good as a Drake, but acceptable.
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Looking inside the Dalton tank.

The rinse on the Dalton bowl is done by holes under the rim of the bowl.

The fill tube is meant to refill the bowl after a flush.
    The Dalton does that without needing the refill tube.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010