No drain near softener - looking for idaes

Users who are viewing this thread

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
A 1.5 cubic foot would at 9lbs have 33,000 grain capacity and with 21 grains, that would be about 1200 gallons before cleaning.

Any unit that you buy should be complete, valve(clack or fleck), bypass, media tank with 1.5 cubic feet of resin, brine tank with safety float..

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I have seen a Clask-WS-1 complete for under 500 bucks including shipping on the web. That's a whole lot cheaper than I would sell it to you for :)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It's not all that secret, anyone can get it online at Clacks web site Down-Next-Up-Set Clock and you are in.
You should go read that again, because now you're sounding as if you've never programmed a Clack WS-1. After checking quite frequently, I'm the only one that I can find that will give the customer the data to change the defaults from, and that is not on their web site.

That $500.00 you mention.... post the link and show us where you found that.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Right turn Clyde............................

Both Clack and Fleck have on their web sites the sub programing to the CS or SXT.... so while a company may not send that page with the manual, they are out there... it is Culligan and Eco water that do not have the Service Tech level out for the public to find.

One of the reasons that I like the 2510 with the non computer, it is simple, move pins around , add or remove pins spaces... and it is done.. no searching for a programing page to get to the sub level of programing.

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You want agravating. I have an ILO (wal-mart) brand dvd/vhs recorder that I lost the remote for. It is all but impossible to get any of the fit's all remotes to work without the code and I can't find that code anywhere. Argggggg. Electronics will be the death of us all, mark my words. ;)

Tater

Reaction score
I don't think we are allowed to post links but if you google clack ws-1 and check the first few listings you can find three companies selling them for under 5 bills with shipping.

Right off Clacks Web Site, Quoted below.

These procedures can be accessed in any order. Details on each of the procedures are provided on the following pages.
At the discretion of the manufacturer, the field technician can access all settings. To “lock out” access to diagnostic and valve
history displays and modifications to settings except hardness, day override, time of regeneration and time of day by anyone
but the manufacturer, press ▼, NEXT, ▲, and SET CLOCK in sequence after settings are made. To “unlock”, so other
displays can be viewed and changes can be made, press ▼, NEXT, ▲, and SET CLOCK in sequence.

The cheapest I could find are $622 and that is anly a 24,000 grain. Was it a 33,000 grain you saw for under $500?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Right turn Clyde............................

Both Clack and Fleck have on their web sites the sub programing to the CS or SXT.... so while a company may not send that page with the manual, they are out there... .One of the reasons that I like the 2510 with the non computer, it is simple, move pins around , add or remove pins spaces... and it is done.. no searching for a programing page to get to the sub level of programing.
I said data, there is nothing about how to develop the data in any manual.

But what is "sub programming"?

Whatever it is does not apply to the Clack WS-1. There is only 2 parts to programming a Clack WS-1; the consumer side and the dealer side of the programming. There is no "sub programming". The data is like how many minutes to set the pins for on a 2510. Unless a dealer tells the customer, there is no way to find how to determine how many minutes for each section of pins and holes, or no manual to use to find out what they should be.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I don't think we are allowed to post links but if you google clack ws-1 and check the first few listings you can find three companies selling them for under 5 bills with shipping.

Right off Clacks Web Site, Quoted below.

These procedures can be accessed in any order. Details on each of the procedures are provided on the following pages.
At the discretion of the manufacturer, the field technician can access all settings. To “lock out” access to diagnostic and valve
history displays and modifications to settings except hardness, day override, time of regeneration and time of day by anyone
but the manufacturer, press ▼, NEXT, ▲, and SET CLOCK in sequence after settings are made. To “unlock”, so other
displays can be viewed and changes can be made, press ▼, NEXT, ▲, and SET CLOCK in sequence.[/quote]

I just did that search and can not find a 1.5 cuft with a Clack WS-1 delivered, or without shipping, for the $500 you mentioned.

There is no mention of how to develop the data to program the dealer's side of the computer. There is no information in any Clack manual that explains how to develop the data to program a Clack to.

The valve does not come locked.

The cheapest I could find are $622 and that is only a 24,000 grain. Was it a 33,000 grain you saw for under $500?
The only one I could find for less than $500 was a HALF cuft. And that includes the link that was posted.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I said data, there is nothing about how to develop the data in any manual.

But what is "sub programming"?

Whatever it is does not apply to the Clack WS-1. There is only 2 parts to programming a Clack WS-1; the consumer side and the dealer side of the programming. There is no "sub programming". The data is like how many minutes to set the pins for on a 2510. Unless a dealer tells the customer, there is no way to find how to determine how many minutes for each section of pins and holes, or no manual to use to find out what they should be.

There is 2 levels of programing is there not?

For changing any of the cleaning times or cycles on the 2510, starting on page 6 of the fleck model 2510 &2510 econominder service manual that is on the fleck site along with Every unit that I sell..

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
There is 2 levels of programing is there not?

For changing any of the cleaning times or cycles on the 2510, starting on page 6 of the fleck model 2510 &2510 econominder service manual that is on the fleck site along with Every unit that I sell..
No, there are two parts not levels; the dealer's side and the consumer's side. The consumer has 4 fields, the hardness, calendar override day, the hour and the minutes for the time to start a regeneration. The dealer has about 12 fields. And every control valve has a service manual and there is nothing in the Clack distributors' manuals about programming the dealer's side. The same as there is nothing in any Fleck manual about how to figure out how many minutes to set the pins and holes for for backwash and rinse etc..

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Tater, I PM'd you a couple of those sites rather than post the links here. Though you can access the dealer side of a WS-1 the chances that you would ever have to are just about zero so don't let that be an issue in your valve selection.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Tater, you can get advice from posters on this boad about what settings to use in your new water softener. So the fact that the valve manufacturers don't teach how to develop the settings is not a real problem.

Tater

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I've narrowed it down to the Clack. I'll post when I order it.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Tater, I PM'd you a couple of those sites rather than post the links here.
Google can not find your 1.5 cuft with a Clack WS-1 of any version for $500 including shipping. Post the links here to prove your claim.

Though you can access the dealer side of a WS-1 the chances that you would ever have to are just about zero so don't let that be an issue in your valve selection.
That is flat out false. And now for sure you prove you don't know anything about programming a Clack WS-1.

You are saying to use the default settings in the dealer's side of the computer.

Without getting into the dealer's side of the programming, you can't change the default settings for the K of capacity, the salt dose lbs used per regeneration, the minutes each of the cycle positions run for, the gallons used between regenerations etc .etc..

And you need to do that whenever a child leaves or arrives or the hardness gpg is changed etc..

Peter Griffen, what are the default settings that you say are OK to use?

Tater

Reaction score
Quick question since I'll be running the waste line on Sunday. The spec sheet for the Clack says a 1/2" connects to the waste fitting. With the distance and vertical lengths I'm running would I need to up-size this to 3/4"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks