No cold water intake??

Users who are viewing this thread

joecross98

Reaction score
I'm fairly handy, but not well-versed on gas boilers (I'm from the US, but live in Hungary). My new flat has a Buderus boiler and the pressure gauge is at 0 bars. My old boiler had a handy valve on the cold water intake that I could use to refill/repressurize. This new boiler doesn't seem to have such a thing. More strangely, I can't find an intake pipe anywhere.

So how do I repressurize this boiler? Do I need to run a hose from a faucet somewhere (I see one valve that could be an intake)?

I posted some photos here since I can't attach them (too big)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1ikkdvy9b3s5ww/AABPqoWtxER1iaI18I_PB8FVa?dl=0

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Is there a garden-hose type tap anywhere on the system?

joecross98

Reaction score
Thanks for tip about the Y Strainer - I guess I won't use that. I don't see a hose tap anywhere. I've traced the pipes around the entire flat and can't see any external valves. It seems to be a totally closed system. But there must be a way to add water, right? If there was a huge leak at a radiator, a plumber would have to make a fix and then add water, right?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Thanks for tip about the Y Strainer - I guess I won't use that. I don't see a hose tap anywhere. I've traced the pipes around the entire flat and can't see any external valves. It seems to be a totally closed system. But there must be a way to add water, right? If there was a huge leak at a radiator, a plumber would have to make a fix and then add water, right?

Yes, for the system to operate correctly there has to be a means of adding water to the system, a means of purging air out, and a method maintaining a reasonable pressure range across operating temperature. Even a small leak would depressurize the system, which would lead to flash boil on the heat exchangers of the boiler (which it both noisy and impedes heat transfer efficiency). With a system that doesn't leak it can be pressurized to the correct pressure range when filled, and usually an expansion tank on the system keeps the pressure within range as the water changes volume with temperature. If the system initially has a lot of air in it, the pressure can fall a bit as that air is purged by system vents, but never down to zero.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks