No Circulation

Users who are viewing this thread

jvovrt

Reaction score
I had a forced circulating hot water heating system installed. It has 6 zones with individual Tacos 007 on the supply sides. The preset system pressure was 12psi.
When we tested, the zones on the 1st floor worked fine, however those on the 2nd floor did not. The Pex piping rises up to the roof level ( 26' ) and then leads down into the radiators on the 2nd floor. We vented the radiators and raised the psi to 25, still no circulation. I suspect air is trapped in the piping on the roof. Any good ideas what could be the cause and how it can be solved? Any help is greatly appreciated.
jvovrt

rodeoman

Reaction score
You may have a bad cartridge in the circulator, if it is hot to the touch replace the cartridge but check to see if you have 120 volts first. If you have air in the lines bleed them on the return side. It all depend on your system and how to remedy the problem. if you have bleeders on each baseboard then you have a scoop tee system these are troublesome systems, you can purchase a spiral vent from your local plumbing house they work really great to get the air out of the system.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
air

The pipes on the roof will be full of air. You need to install automatic air vents at any and all high spots or the air will just gravitate there and stop the circulation again later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks