Nightmare Last call of the day

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Cass, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Cass

Cass Plumber

I went on a water heater leak call last night around 8:30...last call of the day.
    It was a rental unit,1 of 4 in a huge Victorian home. I went into the basement checked out the heater and left. 4 min. max. Got in my truck and headed home. I got about 5 miles out and thought I felt itchy, looked down and saw 3 black dots on my fore arm...I pulled into a gas station and they were fleas. I estimate I had between 75-150 maybe more, fleas in my truck. I counted 10 just on my invoice. I drove to Low*s and bought a spray bomb and set it off...went out to the truck this AM and had to do it again this time with the 2 bombs I had left...this is a nightmare that has extended into a daymare.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Two things nothing harder to do, get rid of fleas and raise kids. :D
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

fleas

I guess you need a flea collar, because according to the TV commercial they multiply like fleas once they get into your house.
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

I did a search on pictures of fleas and this came up, did it look like this flea?
    [​IMG] honest, it said flea picture. If so, send this flea to me. :D

(Michael 'Flea' Balzary is currently on tour with the band he co-founded in 1983, The Red Hot Chili Peppers)
  5. Cookie

Cookie .

How many fleas do you have? I got a girlfriend.:D
  6. Garlic wards off Fleas.....

I know some people that fleas simply love
    to jump on the second that they get anywhere near them..

some poeple give off a scent that must smell and taste like honey to the flea..

Fleas have never been a problem for me
    I must taste very, very bad to fleas,
    cause I can literally lay in them and they run away from me....

I think that the secret is GARLIC..
    I usually take a few of the tabs every day.....

I have always found cock-roaches more offensive.
    I absolutely hate dragging eggs back to my home.

I guess you took off your clothes before you went
    inside your home last night????

7. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

I'm suddenly itchy.
  8. Cass

Cass Plumber

Stood naked on the deck, went in and took a shower... then went out and wrapped the clothes up and into the front loader they went.
  9. thats too much information for me....

did any of your neighbors see you standing out there last night??
  10. Cass

Cass Plumber

No, it was 10 O'Clock at night and the lights were out but, there was a raccoon who started running away.
  11. Cass

Cass Plumber

This was the cute little fella...I guess he didn't like what he saw.

[​IMG]
  12. Cookie

Cookie .

13. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I hope you quoted a high enough price that someone else gets the pleasure of doing the job!:cool:
  14. Cass

Cass Plumber

I called and told her that I would not be back and she needed to find someone else.

I was not going to go back for any reason...fleas can take weeks and weeks to get rid of. Even if sprayed with an insecticide killing the adults the pupa can hatch the next day...Nylar breaks the cycle but takes time to work.
  15. Cookie

Cookie .