Niagra toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by hijarhead, Mar 28, 2007.

1. hijarhead

hijarhead New Member

Installed a Niagra toilet about two months ago. It has a "pan/bucket" in the tank that fills with water about 1/2 gal I would guess. When you turn the handle to flush,the tank/holding pan emties into the tank flushing the bowl. Comes with a "life-time" guarantee that it will never have a run/drip problem that flappers cause. Anybody used or have an opinion on this unit.. So far I have no problems ( of course I realize this is a short amount of time). thinking on using them on other projects just want to make sure they are reliable.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The water tray holds water that is dumped for flushing the toilet, instead of the flapper that you normally see.
    As we all know, flappers can gio bad and leak.

In that regard, the water tray of the Niagara reduces that area of repair.
    Not that you are totally home free though. There are still handles that can break, and trays that can crack.

It uses the Fluidmaster repair parts for the fill valve.

http://www.coopershardware.com/store/products/Fluidmaster-703A5B.html
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

I installed 1 reciently and it tested O.K. but over the long haul I don't know, and how it performs under a "heavy load" is unknown to me.
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

I installed one for a friend and the handle broke within a week. Niagara sent one free, but it took 3 months to get it because they were on backorder. You may want to order a couple handles in advance from them if you're going to install a lot of these.

I think this design will eliminate the problem of tank condensation in humid areas.