Newer vs older toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
I have three of the 7 gallon tank types. I retired from plumbing a number of years ago. So---I used to install these toilets everywhere in ann arbor mich.The three gallon.i believe ..or is it one gallon?I would tell folks with long sewers not to use this type [3 gal], as they won't get a good sum of water to get the sewage on to the street.I myself ,now live over 175 feet from the street main.I have all 4"plastic with lots of cleanouts.What i am asking is.Will these water saver type toilets , do the trick to get the sewage that far!!! Will my sewer become a self-made septic tank..do to lack of water flow. I am on a good well but think about what could be my delema, if my well would suddenly stop. do to lack of water.from the well. with the use of the larger tank models. what do you think?????? hope you get what i a saying on this please reply with what you know or think. i'm listening bob s thank you

Ps i've been cotemplating thses low water use toilets for my house.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.6 works fine for that.
My mother's sewerline is 250' and it's never had a problem once we pulled the gas line out. There was the little issue of the gas line bored through the 4" clay times. But that was thirty years ago.
The most drainline carry would be with a Flushmate, they tend to push out pretty far.
Something like a Gerber Ultraflush or Kohler Highline.
Though I think you would be fine with a G-Max Toto too.

[video=youtube_share;Rrcuvd2vV6o]http://youtu.be/Rrcuvd2vV6o[/video]

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks