Newbieee Question

Users who are viewing this thread

3X8

Reaction score
May have been asked before but I couldn't find it searching.

I have a hand driven ten foot deep well at a hunting cabin and need a pump that draws very little amperage so I can run it off a small generator. Does anyone know of anything made that is 1/4 HP? I know old piston pumps were but I can't find anyone that makes piston pumps anymore. It would be used very seldom and only to flush a toilet. Won't be for drinking. lol Thanks for any help.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LITTLE-GIANT-Pump-5UXN4?Pid=search

7' suction lift, more with a footvalve in your 10 foot well. They last a long time and you can get parts cheap.

also you can get a 12 volt version and use the car for power.

Actually it comes with two extra impellers. I pump wine with mine and the impeller lasts a few years.

Last edited:

3X8

Reaction score
Thank you. I had given those pumps some thought but didn't know if it would ok to hook them up like a water pump. Meaning it would have to pull water through a well point/screen. It would do that ok? I even have one of the 12 volt pumps on my sprayer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks