Newbie with Shallow Well needs some advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
With the tank and pump drained i ment. And i only have one tube. i think only deep well jet pumps need that venturi line.
You need a foot valve at the bottom of your single pipe. That is a combination of a screen and a check valve. http://inspectapedia.com/water/Foot_Valves.htm That is the only check valve that you want.

I had to drain everything when the plug blew so i know what to do there. the pump takes a gallon or so.

But I'm just worried if i clean up the pipes when i pop that check valve off if I'mm going to be in trouble. I will literally be screwed if all the water from the well comes gushing in. It honestly scares me to think about it. How would i even stop it?

Is the water level in the well higher than the pipe coming in through the wall? If not, what you are worried about cannot happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks