Newbie ? Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Crazyeyes

Reaction score
Hello my name is Rick . I work in the HVAC field
Me and my wife bought your first house 3 yrs ago . I do have two children ( girls ) age 14 , 17 .
We are looking at updating your toilets ( 2) and add a water softener this year . i have price some toilets here . I'm not impressed . All the supply house wants to sell builder models stuff .
I google toilet reviews , This is how I found this site .
What I was planing on doing ,The womens bathroom a reg toilet( i am scared the girls would clog a dual flush) . Mens bathroom dual flush toilet .
I want these toilets to last . I ask the supplies houses about TOTO line . They say overprice and not avaivalbe .
Is this a good place to order them

If so , what recommendation would be good for a dual flush system .
Thank you
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
First, lest me hazard a wild guess. Your local supply houses stock and sell one or two of the old big name brands such as AS and/or Kohler. So what kind of recommendation for Toto do you think they will give you. Not available because they don't want to bother. Not available? While some models may take awhile to get, most of the line is readily available. As the world's largest toilet manufacturer, they have factories in a number of countries, including Georgia. Toto has toilets priced from $200 and up depending on your budget and preference. They all perform exceptionally well regardless of price. Clogging is not an issue with Toto because of their superior design. You seem to underestimate your kids if you don't think they can learn how to use a dual flush. Probably they will master it quicker than you and your wife. Think about how fast they master using electronics and games. Dual flush? Piece of cake. Very few places sell Toto for MSRP, so you can do some shopping. Terry does not recommend buying on line due to high breakage. Factory shipments are packed differently than individual packaging. I would guess that you could find a Toto not too far from your home. Of course, if you are willing to mess with the possibility of having to send a broken product back, you can get some good on line prices.

Crazyeyes

Reaction score
Thank you
I Went to another warehouse today ( Winnelson Suppy ) They offer the Toto line . The drake Bowl 129.00 ,tank 90.00 . I guess thats good price .
Also water softner . I ask this ? the right thread .
Again thank you

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Another wild guess that wasn't maybe so wild after all! Yes, that's a good price, but remember this, this can almost be considered a once in a life time purchase. I would suggest you consider the elongated bowl, comfort height, CEFIONTECT, and soft close seat. That will add some to the price, but generally, these are good features to have. Elongated bowls are male friendly, comfort height are easier on the knees, CEFIONTECT helps keep the bowl clean, and the soft close add a nice touch. There is a separate section in the forum for water softners, so you might want to check it out. Most of use look at all of the forum sections that are of particular interest to us, so don't feel that you have strayed by asking in this section.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks