newbie on navien ch 240

Users who are viewing this thread

byroncheung

Reaction score
my navien started acting a little weird lately so i started to look into it... really a beginner in this stuff please bare with me if my questions are obvious...

the problem mainly is the hot water from DHW side isn't consistently hot, bounce between hot and cold while running. also sometimes take a long time to get hot.

from what i read i was suspecting it was the flow sensor starting to go bad.

i got a plumber in today he said it was because of bad auto feeder. from what i read so far i really don't quite understand about this auto feeder thing. my auto feeder inlet isn't even connected to anything but capped.

from what i read auto feeder fill the space heating side if water level is low? given that mine is not connected to anything, is it used at all? if it is not functional, in the event that i drain the whole unit, how do i refill the space heating side? and if my auto feeder inlet is not connected and not used, how come the tech would say my problem is related to the auto feeder? is that even possible or that was some BS?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks