1. MoverandShaker

MoverandShaker New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley and I'm a newbie to the forums. I'm looking to fix a few things in my apartment and I figured that joining this forum would probably be the best thing I could do for myself -- or at the very least, it could be a nice first step.

I hope to meet all of you soon and I hope to get some questions answered! :)
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

One big thing when living in an apartment - don't do anything that the landlord doesn't approve of first AND, (and this is a big and) keep in mind that in many multiple family dwellings, work on the plumbing and electrical is often restricted by local code to only be done by a licensed professional. It's a big difference from living in a single family dwelling, where you can often do (legally anyway with a permit and inspection) much of the work.
  3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Do'es your landlord / owner not do repairs to your place ?

When you get into doing things for your self you can sometimes open a

very BIG can of worms
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Don't take any of the earlier comments as being unfriendly. Just about everyone here is happy to talk to you....but they also do like to toss in the legal niceties as well!