Newbee looking for help

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by dudly, May 31, 2010.

1. dudly

dudly New Member

I just bought a new home with a well and need some help, recomendations on water softeners etc. Had the kinetico guy out and these are his water test results. Hardness 136 gpg TDS 2000 PH 7.0 Iron 7.3 ppm. Well currently pumping 6 GPM Any info reguarding systems would be appreciated. He recomended the 2175s at $5700
    Thanks
  2. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

3. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Hardness of 136 grain?

Is there a second or third test on this water that you are talking about?
  4. dudly

dudly New Member

I've had the water tested for hardness 3 different places and it comes in anywhere from 120 to 140 apparently extremely hard
  5. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

My record hardness is 136 gpg along Penn CreeK in central PA at a summer cottage. You usually won't get all the hardness but you can make the water much better and easier to live with.

Dudly, for Canadian sales, contact www.aquatell.com and tell them Gary Slusser sent you. I suggest getting rid of the iron separately because the softener won't with all the hardness in the water.

And don't ingest the softened water, the sodium content is going to be very high and an RO would have to be capable of dealing with a TDS of maybe 2500+, which most will not.