Newb, lost with correct softener purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Wojo42

Reaction score
New here,

I've been reading the forums for a few days, but the more I read the more confused I get. I'm in the market for a softener and maybe filter? We just moved into an old farm house and it currently doesn't have a softener. I knew before posting I should get a water test and I just received the results back. What should I be looking at in regards to these results? I don't want to be that fool who spends 5k on a system I don't need.

Thanks ahead of time

Wojo

image.jpg

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should be able to buy a system for under $1000.00 depending on the number of family members. Shop around. Any company that is not willing to tell you prices over the phone may not be worth getting a quote from.

Reach4

Reaction score
You only have about 17 grains of compensated hardness. You will want about 1 to 1.5 cubic feet off resin depending on people. Read about SFR from the link in Gary Slusser's sig. http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners/sizingchart.htm Fleck controllers are nice. Nobody dislikes the 7000, tho many think it is overkill for the job.

PM sent with a specific example that is probably good baring a really big family.. So it is not tuned up to your specific needs.

Fleck 7000 On Demand Metered Control
1.25 Cu. Ft. High Capacity Resin 8% Crosslink
3/4", 1", or 1 1/4" Bypass in Brass or Plastic
10x44 Resin Tank
15x17x34 Brine Tank
Salt Grid
2310 Safety Overflow Assembly

System Specifications:

Service Flow Rate: 15 GPM @ 15 psi drop
Required Backwash Rate: 2.5 gpm
Regeneration Type: Meter Initiated
Electrical Power Requirements: 120v/60hz.
Warranty: Control 5 Years/ Tanks 10 Years
Dimensions (WxDxH): 27x15x55

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks