New Well pumping sand

Users who are viewing this thread

dhaskins74

Reaction score
New 4 inch steel cased well pumping sand. By new I mean two weeks old. 93 feet deep. Driller had hard time getting job done. Over two weeks and three holes later we have this issue. Getting a light colored sand in everything from tubs to toilets and washing machine. Ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect some people will have suggestions about what to do about the well, but I think you want to get a sediment filter in place. They may talk about developing the well.

I like the Pentek Big Blue 4.5x20 filters.

Seems like a shame to get a steel casing when you could have had PVC, which will not rust. I am not a pro.

I would get a lab water test to see what else you might need. I like kit 9o from http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sand will eat up the pump just like sand paper on paint, but in a 4" well you may have no choice but to use a Lakos Sandmaster seperator at the tank followed by filters.

Some areas, like CT for example require steel casing.

I never, ever send water out to a lab, our water is put in a cooler, on ice and gets to the lab within a few hours. Use a local lab, state approved for drinking water, the sooner the water is analyzed the more accurate the results.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks