New well owner help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris lida

Reaction score
Hi new to the site. So I bought a older place last year in south Carolina. Well water of course but I've always had city water. Few days ago the pump stopped. I don't have a lot of extra cash right now so me and a friend hand pulled it a section at a time. Sched. 80 threaded pipe. Couldn't get the first couple fittings to unscrew so we cut em and each section after. We pulled 160 ft all together. I dropped a line down and hit water at about 20 ft. My first question is can I just go in 100 ft and be ok? And can I glue fit the old pipe at just that depth if so? Im on a tight budget here. Ill use poly I guess if not. Next. My motor is fine but the pump end is locked up. Its a 1 hp jacuzzi sand handler. Can it be rebuilt or not?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well....

The pipe is now junk unless you can rethread it.

Just because the motor runs doesn't mean it's good, especially after trying to run a locked up pump.

You could rebuild the pump, but it would cost more than a new pump.

There's a reason the pump was at 160' set it back there.

Chris lida

Reaction score
Well....

Just because the motor runs doesn't mean it's good, especially after trying to run a locked up pump.

Well not what I hoped to hear but I feared it. Im putting the pump motor back in use. It doesn't have to last long until I can get my city tap in. There's a waiting list right now and I have to do something with the little funds I have. I'll order a pump head. Found some for under 100 new. Franklin electric just like my motor. As for the pipe I guess ill
Well....

Im not looking for permanent. Im on a waiting list for a city tap. I need something to last a few weeks. Maybe a month.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I'm not looking for permanent. I'm on a waiting list for a city tap. I need something to last a few weeks. Maybe a month.

I would never tie into a city line if I had a perfectly good well. You will no longer be in charge of your own destiny. The City will now decide if you deserve water or not. If the political environment keeps going the way it is, that would be a very good way for the powers that be to make sure you fall into line the way they want you to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks