New Well Black Water

Users who are viewing this thread

briqn29001

Reaction score
Hi. Last Tuesday my wife and I had a replacement water well dug. The driller drilled the shallow well at 55 feet and added a 40 ft drop pipe with a new Myers 1/2 horsepower and a new bladder tank and told us to run the water until it gets clear. Almost 3 days later the water is still dark colored without any smell and the internet really doesn't tell me much but something called manganese. Will my water eventually clear to drink as I only take showers with it for now. Is this a common problem with new water wells and if so how many days or weeks before it will clear? Thanks you in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
It is more likely that the black stuff is silt rather than manganese. Is your pump cycling, or running continuously? If cycling, how long does it run each time/

I would pump some water into a glass jar etc and see if things settle out in the jar.

I expect that it will clear up. Did the well driller state any expectation?

briqn29001

Reaction score
It is more likely that the black stuff is silt rather than manganese. Is your pump cycling, or running continuously? If cycling, how long does it run each time/

I would pump some water into a glass jar etc and see if things settle out in the jar.

I expect that it will clear up. Did the well driller state any expectation?
It doesn't cycle on and off and he told us to let it run continuously until it cleared up but it never cleared. We called them and they're going to return to fix it or replace it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks