New Water Softner Standpipe and Bar Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

MrMikeB

Reaction score
Besides the crudeness of this drawing, can anybody see anything wrong with this setup.

I am adding a new standpipe for a water softener discharge to an existing 3" waste drain from upstairs.

While I am cutting into stuff, was going to add the rough in for a future bar sink on the opposite side of a future wall.

Was planning on using the proposed fitting to do so.

Was going to tap into an existing 1-1/2 vent on the other side of the basement and use it for venting roughly 30 feet away.

Is using 2, 3 x 1-1/2 Sanitary Tees more appropriate stacked on top of each other than the fitting pictured?

How bad is my venting idea messed up?

Any simpler ways of doing it?

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 159

Reach4

Reaction score
You don't have ANY venting for the sink or softener traps, which means it is completely messed up.
Are you saying that his new vent line in red has to connect to the existing vent line above the flood level of the fixtures on the top floor?

Last edited:

MrMikeB

Reaction score
The new vent lines are in red. They would connect to the vent line 30 feet away. That vent line runs up into the attic where another vent might tie in, then out the roof. Everything in black already exists.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks