New water heater to replace old

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by adviceseeker, Nov 23, 2009.

1. adviceseeker

adviceseeker New Member

Looking to replace an old state gas water heater. I have been looking at the 50 gallon tall, natural gas, 12 year warranty models from GE and Richmond, Waiting for a quote from a local guy on a Bradford white. Is the Richmond a good unit? Its a 12 year self-cleaning with Integra model 12gr50-40f.
    The integra system makes me nervous as its supose to detect flamable vapors and then shut down. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.
  2. Thatguy

Thatguy Homeowner

How old?
    *********x
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Richmond is made by Rheem, and GE and Rheem are in partnership. I used a Richmond Power Vent for about 12 years with pretty good results. This past spring, I replaced it with a GE/Rheem Power Vent. I really don't know the difference between Rheem and Richmond other that the name. Some of the pros may have more data.