New water heater standards and attic installation

Users who are viewing this thread

amadeus_m

Reaction score
Website
www.austexvideo.com
Hi all,

I've recently read about the new water heater standards mean that the new heaters will be wider. Unclear how much, but most say 1 to 2 inches. I currently have a water heater in my attic that measures 19" in diameter. The attic opening is 20 inches. The current heater was installed when the house was built in 2007, and still works fine.

I noticed they still have heaters this size at the local Home Depot. I wonder if it would make sense to go ahead and get one now? If I just store it for now, I wonder if installers would have problems installing one I already have, vs one of their products?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No problem you will just lose a lot of the warranty on the new one because of the time it is stored.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks