New Water Heater Problem

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by jti67, Feb 12, 2009.

1. jti67

jti67 New Member

I recently installed a new electric water heater in our house, a 50 gallon Whirlpool. The problem is the water is plenty hot but there doesnt seem to be the same pressure or flow rate of hot water at the shower head, the mixing valve has to be closer to the hot side then with the previous heater and we have to tweak the control during the shower to keep it comfortable.
    We are on a well and our old heater was 18 years old. I would appreciate any help.
  2. your first mistake was whirlpool

I hope that you did not install a whirlpool

Energy smart electric heater, cause their are

tons of ghosts you can chase in those dogs....

If you have pressure balanced shower faucest
    it might have to do with that also...

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

"Plenty hot" and "as hot as the old heater" may not be the same. If your thermostat is set lower than the previous one, then the way you operate the shower valve will be different also.
  4. jti67

jti67 New Member

Yes, it was an energy smart talked to few people said they had no problems with thiers. I have tried diffrent water temp still have same problem.

Thanks for the replies wish I would of found this site before installing new heater.