New Washing Machine

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Barneyn, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Barneyn

Barneyn New Member

I an installing a new front load washing washing and running the drain tube through the second floor instal location and out by normal means. The instructions tell me to instal a syphon break 29 inches from the drain tube.
    What is a syphon break and why do I want one.

2. sjsmithjr

sjsmithjr In the Trades

Rock Licker
    If the washing machine drain hose can not be looped higher than the water level in the tub, you'll need to install a syphon break. If you don't install one, the tub will never fill as water will be syphoned out as fast as it goes in.

-Sam

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Barneyn

Barneyn New Member

Thanks Sam. So if I buy a longer drain hose, loop it above the machine and still use the floor drain, all should be good if I read you correct. Same principle as a dish washer.