New Vanity install

Users who are viewing this thread

yepper12

Reaction score
I have a 1986 Double wide trailer the master bath has a large vanity top with one sink in the middle. I would like to replace the top with a double sink top now my question. Is there any way that I can use the plumbing meaning tie the two new sinks in to single drain and then spliting the water supply into the two sinks. Maybe using a y or something to split the supply to the two.
Thanks for the help.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't know why the moderators ignored you.

Of course it is possible to use the same water supply and drain. It is just a matter of going to your local plumbing supply store and getting the right parts. If you sketch out a diagram of your existing plumbing, they will help figure out what you need.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I infer from several other threads that manufactured homes use pipe and fittings which are quite different from those in site-built homes. For example, it would be easy to tell yepper12 to get a double stop to split the hot and cold water supply lines, but it's unlikely he's got 1/2" copper or something we're all used to sticking out of his wall. Nevertheless, I'm sure there's an equivalent, but I wouldn't know where to go to buy one, even in my area, which has thousands of manufactured homes around.

Drains are likely to be more conventional, I think, but I'm not at all sure.

Bottom line -- I'm sure it can be done, and Verdeboy's advice is the way to go. Your main problem will be finding a source of parts, but a good plumbing supply house would be the place to start.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
lav_rough_double_b.jpg

A double fixture fitting would do it.

Xenomorph

Reaction score
This setup is done all the time for dual kitchen sinks....should be lots of info on the net and the kits are easily available even at home depot.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Xenomorph said:
This setup is done all the time for dual kitchen sinks....should be lots of info on the net and the kits are easily available even at home depot.

A double basin kitchen sink is not the same as two lavatory sinks side-by-side. The drain may be somewhat similar, but he'll still need to tee off his supply line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks