New Vanity and plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by whoosier daddy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. whoosier daddy

whoosier daddy New Member

Installing a new 42" vanity. The old one has the sink on the left side. Proposing to change to a center sink vanity. Is there going to be a problem with the rough in plumbing?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

"problem" is a relative term. Certainly you will have to move some things. Lacking any photos, we can't say much more except a plumber would make short work of it, it may take you longer!
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Depends somewhat on the configuration of the vanity. If there are drawers or shelves where the plumbing comes out of the wall now, it becomes mandatory to move things. Otherwise, it might not be a big problem.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It depends on the design of the cabinet and your abilities. We would not have a major problem, normally.
  5. whoosier daddy

whoosier daddy New Member

thanks for your input, I was thinking it needed to be move due to cabinet, drawer,etc. Guess I was hoping it wasn't going to be a concern:)