New under slab plumbing, need advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gorak

Reaction score
Hey, first time poster. I have a barn in the middle of nowhere and inside it I want to build a small
working shop. I'll have a septic tank installed about 50 feet from the building and I'm putting in a slab with in-floor heating. So this will all be under the slab. It's all 3" on the main line there downhill of the red tape. Uphill to the shower drain and the 2 offshoots are 2". The offshoot uphill of the water closet is to a vanity and also a wet vent for the shower. The other offshoot is for a shop sink and a laundry add on later. It will also be a wet vent for the water closet. The red tape is a 5 foot pipe, blue is 2.5 feet and gray is 10 feet.

I read that the water closet drain that I have is ok in some jurisdictions, so I understand if I have to have a separate offshoot so there's nothing uphill of it (That's correct isn't it?). Are the 45 degree little risers I have unnecessary? I wanted to elevate them to not effect the flow of the sewage. Clearly I have a ways to go, just looking for what needs to change based on what I've shown. Thanks
-George

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 236

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I prefer to have the toilet on the end of a line using a 90 bend.
I offset the other fixtures down stream with wyes.

The lav can wet vent the shower and the lav.
The sink and washer can't be wet vented with the bathroom group. Those should come in down stream, and have their own vents.

We used to weekend farm in Mattawa, and I have a brother living in Othello.

Gorak

Reaction score
Is the short 45 degree lift I have on the wye that goes to the fixture useless? Would having it flat instead going to the 2" pipe on that offshoot be acceptable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks