New tub without a non-slip surface

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sandyspada, Aug 1, 2013.

1. sandyspada

sandyspada New Member

I have a client asking for a tub without a non-slip surface. She is looking for cast iron in the Kohler price range. I'm kind of surprised this has not come up before. My guess, as I think about it, is the answer is no for liability reasons. Can anyone confirm this for me?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Safety and the fact that so many users like the feature that it is not economically feasible to make tubs without it.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There is a big difference in implementation...some are plain lousy, hard to keep clean, and often grow to look crappy. Some are not. I can see where they may have gotten a bad name. They are not all created equal.