New tub trap

Users who are viewing this thread

johnster

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am installing a new tub and am working on the trap. I need to connect an elbow to the trap to change its direction to reach the drain pipe. Two possibilities, one with a 90 degree elbow and one with a 45 degree elbow (or maybe a 28 degree, I forget). In any case, I was wondering if connecting the elbow to the trap like this is OK. I still need to cut the pipe to get everything lined up properly but I don't want to do it until I find out from the experts if the elbow right at the trap like this is OK. If it is OK, would either method be fine or is one better than the other? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I'm not a Plumber, but I vote for pic 2. The "less sharp" the bends the easier to get a snake in there if you ever need to.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The second picture with the street 45 is how I do those. I always use a 45 unless I just have to use a 90.
Although you're pretty close to just hitting it with the swing of the trap without use the 90 or the 45.
I always carry street 22 and 45's on the van.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks