New tub replacement, what size do i buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

rduque

Reaction score
I want to swap out my current tub. From wall to wall its 54" of tub right now that i can measure(tile to tile). I only see 60" tubs available. Is this what i need to buy?

thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score

rduque

Reaction score
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bootz-In...in-Soaking-Tub-in-White-011-2302-00/100389016

OK, you are going to say wrong depth, width, height, color, etc, but if you look, you will find something.

My search was short bathtub

reach4, thank you for that now i guess my question is, does it need to be longer than 54"?
When its installed does it go past the tile, past the durock and against the studs? in other words do i need a 56" or 60" in order for it to fit like it fits now?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Tubs ONLY come 54" or 60", and I doubt your existing tub is recessed 3" into the wall on both sides, but a 54" tub would not be recessed at all, if the walls are exactly 54" apart. I have seen tubs installed without being recessed and they used a cove molding to seal it to the walls.

rduque

Reaction score
Tubs ONLY come 54" or 60", and I doubt your existing tub is recessed 3" into the wall on both sides, but a 54" tub would not be recessed at all, if the walls are exactly 54" apart. I have seen tubs installed without being recessed and they used a cove molding to seal it to the walls.

Ok great thank you for your help!!
We want a deep soaking tub so now the hunt for that begins.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless the tub is VERY deep and has a seat (sort of like a hot tub), for most people except for children, a 54" tub, no matter how deep, won't be very comfortable. FWIW, tubs come in about 6" increments...very few 54", huge amounts at 60", and soaking tubs are available at 66, 72, 78" and maybe larger. I have a 66" one, and would have really liked a 72" one, but wasn't willing to live with the changes needed to the room to accommodate it. Because of the volume, anything other than a 60" tub tends to be more expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks