New Tub Problem- won't get clean!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Onemoretime, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Onemoretime

Onemoretime New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    I've had a brand new Veritek tub installed about 3 months ago in a complete bathroom remodel. From the beginning parts of the tub have been very hard to clean. By hard to clean , i mean it takes 30 to 45 minutes to clean parts of the tub floor and it never looks completely clean

The general contractor says that this is normal... I simply can't believe this is true. There's only two of us using the tub! I specifically bought a fiberglass tub because I've read that fiberglass tubs are easy to clean. He says there is nothing wrong with the tub even though one can see a 6 by 6 inch area that never gets clean and seems to have scratches or something (the area feels different than the rest of the tub). I suspect that either something was spilled or dropped on the top .

Can someone give me opinion on whether this is normal? The GC seems to think if I'm not satisfied that it could be refinished (at my expense!), but it's a new tub. Of course we tile around the tub!

thanks much

I'm stressed!
  2. statjunk

statjunk DIY Senior Member

Jun 28, 2007
    This has been my experience and I'm not very happy about it myself. I bought the Kholer Villager expecting it to be much better at the over $300 price tag. I was wrong.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement