New Toto Guineveres Installed Today...

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Sofa King, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

I bought three new Guineveres bout 2 months ago. I inspected them lightly by removing the top of yhe box and all looked well. Plumbers took them all out of the box and like KAT1 I had a hair line fracture on my tank towards the bottom corner. I called where I bought them and multi thousands of other Grohe fixtures. They informed me they have a ten day return policy BLAH BLAH BLAH, I had to wait 2 months for these toilets so I'm laughing at this point. Iffin these peeps don't replace it I'll protest my AMX charge or better yet have my lil bro a PI attorney file a class action suite with KAT1 LOL!
    Anyway thanks to this board this is the BESTEST TOILET IN THE WORLD!
    I had a TEXAS Size breakfast biscuit... sausage, cheese and egg, and for dinner fried calamari and a large pie (17" w/everything and anchovies). I just dumped my truck with a quarter roll of Charmin Ultra and it took it like a champ!

[​IMG]
    Thats my Guinevere, TY Terry Love Plumbing
    Sofa King
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  2. Kat1

Kat1 New Member

So I'm not Alone!

I'm ready when you are. No one wants to take responsibility for this crack. Toto won't give me any answer which is so annoying!
  3. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

It has nothing to do with Toto, if there is a hairline crack it should be up to the supplier.
    If the toilet is broken in pieces then you would hear it and i wouldn't take it back either, but if it's a hairline crack there would be no way to find out who cracked it and as a supplier i would have to take it back.
    I don't know anyone who has a 10 day limit, i have customers who buy and months later when the house is finished go to install it.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I sell thousands a year and to have any kind of crack is so rare.
    Maybe one in one thousand.

However, when I was shipping them, it was common.
    I hear about broken toilets all the time that have been shipped by frieght lines and by UPS. It was about one in five.
    When I was shipping Gerber, they were packed so poorly that I was asked to quit shipping by my supplier. They were losing too much money trying.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

Well FD did the right thing and I'll be recieving a new toilet with free shipping, that is the sign of a good company and I shall continue to buy from them. They are even letting me keep the old one. I will be treating myself to one of Terrys Bio bidets as well.

Life is good and we're in TEXAS!!! We're so great we have our own President!
    Sofa King

Toto,Grohe and Elkay
  6. Kat1

Kat1 New Member

Congrats

That's great news, Sofa King. My supplier, Toilet Warehouse, has been impossible to deal with. Buyer Beware. You won't be able to see the damage until it is installed, therefore it will be impossible to claim it in their 48 hour window. That's a pretty neat trick. It looks like Toto is going to step up and help me. What a great company.