New toilet requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Cme10ae

Reaction score
I'm picking out toilets for our house addition. I know about the high regards for the Totos, but my husband REALLY would like toilets from an American company (not just made in US). His only other requirement is for an easy to repair/easy to find parts toilet. After living with 1 poor flusher in a house with 2 boys and of course a husband my main requirement is for a good flusher. Otherwise, one needs to be elongated and of "comfort height", and the other needs to be a round toilet, comfort height optional. Oh, and reasonably priced, too. Any ideas on what would fit the bill?

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
All American ?

I install more mansfield fixtures than any other brand and believe they are a very good quality product as well as Toto, but Toto doesn't have a very good distribution to my area here and their prices are extremely high.

I just wanted to mention that Mansfield may be origionally from Ohio and still have two manufacturing plants there and also in Texas, but they are a COLUMBIAN owned company as they was purchased by Corona in early 2004.

It is getting harder and harder to find completely 100% American companies. Many companies that started out in small town USA eventually if not bought out by foreign investors sometimes will create a foreign corporation in another country for tax and labor cost reasons.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You could get a Kohler or an American Standard and possibly find that they are made in Mexico. It is a global economy now, and something we have to live with.

Cme10ae

Reaction score
Ok, I've been looking some more, and sure enough, they are either owned or made anywhere. I actually got to see the Cimarron, Drake and a pressure assist model (don't remember the brand) flush. No question, the gravity ones are for us, the pressure assist is just too loud. What about the Eljer Patriot Savoy? It is rated pretty good on the 2004 MAP report, but I was not able to see it in action. The price is right...

jcrisler

Reaction score
Which toilet(s) to install?

Read the toilet review (may 2004 update too) on the following link - it should help you make an educated choice...

http://www.savingwater.org

Hope this helps.

Regards,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks