new to wells

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by shenork, Jun 11, 2009.

1. shenork

shenork New Member

well, I figured out that I needed a deep well pump instead of a shallow pump for my 50 foot deep well. I am considering buying a convertible 3/4 hp deep well pump from sears. My well is a stab well with a 1 1/4" verticle pipe. But do I need a convertible pump, or can I just plug the convertible feature?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

You want a single line jet pump because your 2" well won't accept any other type. Sears or any other big box store doesn't have very good pumps. You can buy the best pumps online or at a pump or plumbing supply house. Speedbump here has great jet pumps at great prices. I wouldn't buy from anyone else that posts here and contacts you with a PM etc..
  3. shenork

shenork New Member

Thank you very much Gary, I will contact "speedbump" after I unclog my well. I really appreciate your quick responses. Have a great day.
    Shenork
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

5. shenork

shenork New Member

Thanks speedbump, I appreciate all of the advice. I think I found the nuwell product at Ace Hardware. Have a great day.