New to water wells. Info appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shooter45

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I will be having a new house built in the next few months and the land we purchased does not have community water. Therefore we will need a well drilled and are hoping you guys and gals can share your knowledge on the wells and educate me before I contact a driller. Hoping you can help with what size pump and tank we need, where is a good place for tank (I'm assuming we will have to drill well first before foundation is poured for house?). Should tank go inside or in yard? Any ideas you can offer to a newbie as to have a trouble-free unit with good pressure installed would be much appreciated.

House will be 2400 heated sq.ft. with 2 1/2 baths. We also have two teen daughters that love to take long (30min. showers).

Thanks

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
your local drillers are the best people to talk to about the well itself, as they are the ones most familiar with the ground in your area. see what your options are. some places (such as my area), there is more than 1 type of well available at different depths.. each with different characteristics as far as volume, water level, and water quality.

once you get more info on casing diameter, static water level, and production rate.. then the folks here can give you some good options on pumps and water systems.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You may want to talk to your mortgage lender too. I had to drill my well and it had to have a recovery rate of 5 GPM before my mortgage was approved. Talk to the neighbors as well. While it's no guarantee that you will hit water at the same depth nor get the same quality or quantity, it would be a good indicator. Some of the land I was looking at the neighbors had 500 foot deep wells with horrible water quality.

Shooter45

Reaction score
Located in Mississippi.
I think most people here are using 4"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks