New to forum, DWV question

Users who are viewing this thread

winky10

Reaction score
I am a homeowner and new to this forum, but I have been lurking around for a while. I am extending DWV and need help. I have an old branch that is inadequate for planned usage (2" PVC wye into 4" main). I will be adding a bathroom on this line and need to upgrade to 3". The problem is, there is no room on the main to tie into it goes: Cleanout, 2"Wye at 2 O'clock, butting up to another wye at 12 O'Clock. There is no length of pipe to cut that is not a fitting. Where/how do i tie in?

Attachments

• 20150930_115511_resized.jpg
    20150930_115511_resized.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 236

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can use a Ram Bit to drill out the fitting hub, and start fresh from there.
Or it looks like you may have some threads there to work with at the end of one fitting. Either way, there will be some cutting involved.

reed-pipe-reamer-1.jpg

reed-pipe-reamer-2.jpg

Last edited:

winky10

Reaction score
You can use a Ram Bit to drill out the fitting hub, and start fresh from there.
Or it looks like you may have some threads there to work with at the end of one fitting. Either way, there will be some cutting involved.

"Or it looks like you may have some threads there to work with....."

There are some exposed threads in the center between the 2 wyes. Can that help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
Are you referring to the pipe that leads off to the right in the picture (the one in the wye furthest to the left? It appears that wye connects to a threaded hub on the wye closest to the wall, which would make it much easier to replace.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can always add a new cleanout on the piping after you've added stuff to the existing one...it would just stick out further.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks