New third zone always radiates heat

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by mainemom, Jun 12, 2009.

1. mainemom

mainemom New Member

I have a FHW system and recently added a 3rd zone on the second floor for a MB suite. The first floor has always had 2 zones. Each zone has it's own circulator pump and thermostat.

Some of the pipes on the second floor remain warm/hot even if I set the thermostat to the OFF position. I even disconnected the thermostat thinking it was faulty, but it didn't help. During the winter I kept the thermostat at 60and had to sleep with open windows (I'm in Maine). Now that the weather is warmer, I have the thermostat in the OFF position and there is still heat radiating from the pipes - enough to make the room very uncomfortable. The oil burner tech who installed the system doesn't think there is a problem.

I will appreciate any info which will give me a heads-up concerning the problem before I call in another technician.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Get another tech!

I think you need to install some check valves to prevent flow unless the specified circulator is on.
  3. patsfan78

patsfan78 Web Development | HVAC

New technition

There is clearly a problem, call a new service company.

I am just going to point out that oil companies like to sell oil. Ask around and find someone more reliable.

The is most likely something simple, such as incorrect wiring.

Mike
    www.hitechheat.com
    Home Heating Solutions