New Sani Seal 'nonwax' toilet gasket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The limited reports I have seen indicate is may be pretty good, but if it was me, I'd stay with the proven products and let others test this one. The Fluidmaster wax less seal works well if you want to go wax less.

JerryR

Reaction score
anyone use this new 'nonwax' toilet gasket?

http://saniseal.com/
the big boxes do not have it yet. I got one from an 'orgill' supplied hardware store.(independent)

Yes. I have used them on 4 toilets, 2 in 2 homes, in the last 3 months. One of these was a problem toilet because minor rocking caused wax ring to unseal. They are reusable, no adhesive to deal with.. I was very impressed.

Time will tell about longevity.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

surfsalterpath

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber. I have installed/replaced maybe 10 toilets so far in my life.
Not an expert by any means.

We had a laminate floor installed which left the flange about 1/3 inch below the top
of the laminate floor. Cast iron piping eliminated sliding the floor under the flange.
Bummed.
I took a heat-soften wax seal and smashed the wax all around the outside of the
cast iron flange so if there was a leak the water would come out on top of the new floor
hopefully so I would immediately see the leak. Then I used this new seal instead of a wax
seal. It cost about $10 vs ~$1-$3 for a wax seal. I was able to set the toilet to make sure
bolts and toilet were seated properly then removed it for adjustments. This was worth the
extra $7 to me a novice at this game! :) I was very impressed at how easy it worked for me.

Sure wish I had the patent on this new product. Thanks guys for your input. If anyone has
any negatives I sure would like for you to share. Thanks~

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks