new sani seal 'nonwax' toilet gasket?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by surfsalterpath, Dec 22, 2011.

1. surfsalterpath

surfsalterpath New Member

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The limited reports I have seen indicate is may be pretty good, but if it was me, I'd stay with the proven products and let others test this one. The Fluidmaster wax less seal works well if you want to go wax less.
  3. JerryR

JerryR Member

Yes. I have used them on 4 toilets, 2 in 2 homes, in the last 3 months. One of these was a problem toilet because minor rocking caused wax ring to unseal. They are reusable, no adhesive to deal with.. I was very impressed.

Time will tell about longevity.

Jerry
  4. surfsalterpath

surfsalterpath New Member

I'm not a plumber. I have installed/replaced maybe 10 toilets so far in my life.
    Not an expert by any means.

We had a laminate floor installed which left the flange about 1/3 inch below the top
    of the laminate floor. Cast iron piping eliminated sliding the floor under the flange.
    Bummed.
    I took a heat-soften wax seal and smashed the wax all around the outside of the
    cast iron flange so if there was a leak the water would come out on top of the new floor
    hopefully so I would immediately see the leak. Then I used this new seal instead of a wax
    seal. It cost about $10 vs ~$1-$3 for a wax seal. I was able to set the toilet to make sure
    bolts and toilet were seated properly then removed it for adjustments. This was worth the
    extra $7 to me a novice at this game! :) I was very impressed at how easy it worked for me.

Sure wish I had the patent on this new product. Thanks guys for your input. If anyone has
    any negatives I sure would like for you to share. Thanks~