New or used/water shut-off - what do i expect to pay????????

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
I NEED A NEW OR used top shut off for an older Elan hostess. What do i pay or where might i find a used oneAny help????

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any chance of a photo either here or emailed?

They used a few different ones with the same name over the years.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not a problem.

If you can make some kind of mark where you are talking about as the challenge with the valve in question.

A photo really helps when a company changes the valve but not the name over the years.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
The handle is bent and you have to physically remove it when needed.Turn it around.......and she can't do that...in fact there's a lot she can do. waiting to hear and thank you much bob

Here is a good shot.i think, it shows what we need to know. I believe its pretty old [early 90s back always maybe]. please study it, and see what i should do. It works but its terribly stiff. Wouldn't be able to turn it off if needed quickly. I was thinking on one of the nickle plated shut-offs with the slide thru water shut off handle bob s

Last edited by a moderator:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like you are going to need to replace the bypass.
I know that I have only seen a few of the type that you have.. it is metal on metal where the handle is at, and both the housing and the plug get pits and there is nothing that can be done.
Water care looks to have a new type of bypass..
http://nhwatercare.com/hostess.php
I have no idea what they are charging for the new bypass assembly.... but the piston for treated un treated can be rebuilt when needed with new o rings...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks