New kitichen sink and Cabinet size

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bflooney, Jun 25, 2014.

1. bflooney

bflooney New Member

I want to replace a 33" x 22" kitchen sink with a new one the same size. My cabinet sticks out from the wall 24". Why do specs say the cabinet needs to be 36" or 34" when a 22" sink will fit fine on my 24" counter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. bmwpowere36m3

bmwpowere36m3 Member

They're probably referring to the cabinet width and not depth (standard 24").
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

They are referring to cabinets when the sink has attachments to secure it to the counter top, NOT a drop in sink that is caulked to the top of the counter.