New Install In Basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Fletchfb

Reaction score
We have a two year old house that had a basement Bath roughed in (Plumbing only). I have the drain for a Toilet that is about 18 inches from a poured concrete wall. Drain is about 14 inches above the floor so it will need to be cut off once floor and flange is in place. I need to rough in a wall and need to know how far from the center of the drain shoud the new wall be.

Also same question for Shower unit. There is a drain in the floor for this unit (with about a 12x12 indent in the concrete slab. How far should the center of that drain be from the new wall.

My plans are to build two of the walls and then tile fhe floor doing as few cuts as possible then build other two walls. Other side of the two last walls will be a closest and a bedroom.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Fred

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A standard toilet is designed for the center of the drain to be 12" from the FINISHED wall. As an alternative, some toilets are available in either 10, or 14", but you get much more selection and lower cost if you go with a standard 12" toilet.

The drain for the shower should be in the center of the floor of the shower, so it is hard to say until you decide how big the shower will be.

Fletchfb

Reaction score
Thank you

Thanks for the quick reply. Planning floor right now and want this project finished by Feb.

Again - thanks this is a great site!

Fred

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks