New Install Dishwasher won't drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff at Home

Reaction score
Ok, well I thought I could do this myself. I installed my new dishwasher yesterday and followed all the instructions in the manual. Hooked everything up correctly, etc. The machine runs, is quiet, and seems to wash the dishes. Problem is it does not drain the water. When the cycle is over and the indicator lights indicate "done" I open the door and there is still about 1 inch of water in the bottom. The drain has a loop in it at about 32" high, and the drain line runs down through the floor into a 1.5" PVC pipe with a air vent on the top.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Jeff

HVACtek1

Reaction score
Check to make sure the dishwasher is plumb. when they aren't leveld correctly they cannot drain completely.

Alexdc99

Reaction score
The last two dish washers I have bought have had plugs in the discharge line. Maybe yours is still installed in the line when you connected up the other drain line

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks