new house(old) house - no WM vent?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by 67MIke, Sep 27, 2009.

1. 67MIke

67MIke New Member

I moved into my new wife's house, she already had before we married, and realized it has some odd stuff.
    The WM has no vent tied into it anywhere and likes to back up into the kitchen sink. I plan on moving the WM anyway, but should'nt have one? somewhere. The house is a mid to early 70's design. Just wondering when I do move it, I should add one correct..?
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

yes it should though backing up into the kitchen sink is a different problem.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

YOU not seeing a vent, and there actually NOT being a vent could be two different things, because you may not know what to look for.
  4. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Sounds like the whole hook-up is questionable, how is it hooked up now? :confused: