New homeowner outdoor water faucet problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

twig

Reaction score
How do I keep the water from coming out of the stem of my outdoor water faucet when I turn it on.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
If it is one of those safe valves, You may not be able to keep it from dripping a little. What kind is it ?

It is best to turn it off when not in use.

Good Luck. Welcome to Terry's Forum.

Reach4

Reaction score
6mmzR.jpg
Does your faucet look like this one? If so, is there a chance that the water is coming out of the vacuum breaker? That is very common. I just put a repair kit in one today.

If it is from the packing, you unscrew the packing nut and replace the packing.

twig

Reaction score
Yes it looks just like this .see the small yellow stem right after the green handle there is a hole were the water shoots out when I turn it on.the hole has always been there and it worked fine in the fall.

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can you supply a picture? If the manufacturer's logo/markings are visible it may be possible to direct you to the proper location for repair or replacement parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks